Monday, December 3, 2012

24 & 25 Weeks

backtracking...
 
it was a busy couple of weeks with all the Thanksgiving festivities so I didn't get a whole lot of pictures.
 
24 Weeks
 
While I was off for Thanksgiving break, I met Michael up at the mall for lunch. He was so sweet and went with me to try on dresses for his work Christmas party. The infamous "3 month bump" was hanging in the dressing room and I just couldn't resist. I was 6 months at the time, so this is "supposedly" how big I'll be at the end of my pregnancy. But, we all know that's not even anywhere near where I'll be! haha yikes!!

 
We celebrated Thanksgiving and ate entirely waaay too much! Thankgoodness for maternity stretchy pants :)
 
Bryson spent Friday night after Thanksgiving with Michael's parent's so he could go decorate a gingerbread house at the Dallas Athletic Club on Saturday with them. (Pictures to come!) 
 Michael and I were in big time "get stuff done at the house" mode. There was SO much to do and it was just impossible to get any of it done with Bryson at the house, so it was really nice to have a full day to clean out the nursery, load tons of B's old stuff into the attic, and pretty much clean out every room in the house. I was flat out dead exhausted!! But it was so worth it!
 
25 Weeks
 
Sunday, I woke up at 4:00AM with awful pain in my right side. It was terrible. I hoped it would go away, so we went on with our day as usual: church, lunch, parent's house. I took some Tylenol after lunch, but the pain was still there and got worse. My dad checked it out and thought it was just muscle pain (probably from all the work we did Saturday). I also called my Ob and he said it was probably the same thing, but you don't ever want to play around with it, especially with twins. So if I was still in pain in an hour to go into the hospital to get monitored for contractions. I was pretty nervous, but actually managed to fall asleep on the heating pad. I woke up about an hour later and the pain was gone. Thank goodness!!  The pain has actually come and gone a few times since then, which is just awful. I'm guessing these girls are just pounding on my muscles
 
I finally had a Perinatal appointment! after 4weeks, I was so excited to get to see the girls again! They are doing great!! They are both 1lb 12oz!! They grew almost an entire pound since the last sonogram! I was soo so excited about that news!! This sonogram was still really uncomfortable and I had to roll over in the middle of it to keep from passing out, but this one was my favorite sono by far. We got to see baby A sucking on her fingers, both playing with their heads and both opening and closing their eyes! It was so exciting to us!!
They're in a ying-yang position, baby A is head down and baby B is head up-straight up in my ribs. I'm hoping little girl will do a little gymnastics and flip upside down for me :) Although, the doctor told us that I could still deliver both vaginally even with one breech...they could just pull B out by the feet! haha! That took both of us by complete surprise. I'm not so sure how I feel about that.... ;)
 
 
I bought Bryson squeeze cheese a while back (ewww, right!?) I loved it when I was little so I thought it might be a fun little snack for him. He does love it by the way. But I always make the cheese into letters or numbers and he has to tell me what they are before he gets to eat them. This time I told him to choose 3 letters or numbers for his crackers. He picked "B" for Bryson, "D" for Daddy, "M" for Mommy and Madelynn. Then he begged for a 4th cracker for an "E" for Emily and you know I couldn't turn down that request!! Our family initials in Easy Cheese! haha
 
I know I've said this before, but Bryson is SO lovey with me and my belly. Michael snapped a picture of him hugging his sisters while we were reading Christmas books. He absolutley would not let me put my shirt down and he kept rubbing my belly. It was so sweet!! He also tells me often that my babies are making my stomach "ha-uuuuge" :)
 
Speaking of huge, it is so funny the amount of comments from strangers I get about how big I am. Especially after they find out that I'm not due until mid February. Then I tell them I'm having twins and their comments change and they get all giddy and about 70% of the time I get a belly rub or belly pat from them! haha!
 
Some of my maternity tops from when I was pregnant with Bryson are not so flattering anymore! ha!
I've even had to rummage through Michael's closet to get one of his Cowboy's t-shirts for school because mine would have been Brittney-Spears-inappropriate!
I'm clearly much muuuch bigger this time around, but oddly enough, I haven't gained as much weight at this point as I had with B. I've gained probably close to 20lbs now (even though it looks and feels like SO SO much more!)
 
I know these posts are long, but I just don't want to forget anything about this pregnancy! And if I don't write it down, I will most certaintly forget it!! I keep telling Michael that as my belly gets bigger, my brain gets smaller! ha! Plus, I'm sure the lack of sleep isn't helping at all. I pretty much hate sleeping these days. A "good" night of sleep is probably about 4 hours. blah! On the weekends, I've been taking Tylenol PM and it works pretty well about half the time. I've had 2 or 3 nights with EIGHT hours of sleep and it's just Heaven!! :)
 
Bring on week 26!! :)

1 comment:

  1. Your belly looks so adorable, and you can just ignore those comments about how "big" you are. If it weren't for your obviously pregnant belly, you wouldn't look pregnant at all!!!!

    ReplyDelete