Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Snug As A Bug In A Rug- 39 Weeks

I waited to update this week until after my appointment this morning. I was REALLY hoping I would bring back good news (as in Bryson is ready to come any second!) but he's still just as content as can be in my belly.

I am STILL only 1-2 cm dialated, but now 50% effaced, so at least something is progressing. I can't believe this was my last appointment! I'm somewhat thankful thats it was because I can't bear to step on that scale one more time!!

It looks like I will most definitely have to be induced on Monday. We're going to go in at 5:30 PM on Sunday night and I'll get some medicine to help move things along. They'll give me Pitocin at 5:30AM on Monday to start contractions and begin labor. My doctor went through everything step by step to let me know what to expect. THEN, he continued to let me know that I should expect to have a long labor. A REALLY long labor. As in, he said there was a big possibility that I wouldn't even deliver until Monday night!! Lovely. You know what's sad? The first thing that went though my head was, 'Oh my gosh, I can't eat anything while I'm in the hospital until after I give birth. I'm going to starve to death!!!'  Haha! You can definitely tell where my head is! :)  So, now, I'm trying to get used to the fact that I'm going to have "one of those" labors. Yuck! But I know it will all be so so worth it in the end. We'll be able to hold our precious little boy in our arms and everything will be wonderful!! :)

About ready to pop!
Me and Bryson at 39 weeks and 2 days --Can you tell that he's dropped?


Why are you still in there!?


For now, I am putting the last few things in the bags for the hospital, doing a little last minute cleaning (and I do mean a little!) and decorating cookies for the hospital.

5 days until we see you, sweet boy!!

1 comment:

  1. I am praying that this sweet little boy will suprise you and decide to come on his own with an easy labor.

    ReplyDelete