Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Big Boy

When Bryson was born, he weighed 7lbs 10.8 oz. While were were in the hospital, his weight had dropped to 7lbs 1.7oz, which is pretty normal for a newborn. Since he had a little bit of jaundice, they suggested that we take him to get a weight check at one week instead of wait until the 2 week appointment, just to make sure he was gaining weight ok.

I had been stressing out about his weight from the second we got home from the hospital. I just wanted to make sure he was alright. He had also shortened his feeding times from a good 30-40 minutes to 10-20 minutes, which of course stressed me out even more thinking he wasn't getting enough food.

Normally, they want the baby's weight back up their birth weight by the 2 week appointment. So we went to the doctor yesterday for the one week weight check and amazingly enough, our little boy weighs 7lbs 15.5oz!! Michael and I were SO excited to hear that he had been gaining weight AND has already passed his birth weight!! Woohoo!!

We should have known that he would be fine because they say you can usually tell how much food they're getting by the amount of dirty diapers they make. And oh my goodness, this little boy is a pooping machine!! I told Michael that it is seriously a full time job changing this kid's diapers!! HA!

While we were at the doctor, I fed Bryson while the nurse was filling out all the paper work after he was weighed. Well, I went to give him back to her so she could put his clothes on. Look what Mr. B decided to do to Mommy...


Michael thought it was only fair that I got a piece of the action after Bryson pottied on in his mouth a few nights ago :)

Bryson also got to see snow again!! He's going to think that we live in Colorado or something. It's snowed or has had snow on the ground 5 out of the 9 days he's been alive! Lucky boy :)


I'm so anxious to see how much he's grown at his 2 week appointment on Tuesday!! :)

1 comment:

  1. Matt and I were just talking about all the snow we have had. I don't think I remember a time it snowed this month in a month's time. He is a lucky boy to see all this snow!!

    ReplyDelete