Tuesday, January 12, 2010

3 Weeks

3 weeks have already flown by? I can't believe it. I feel like I'll be saying that for the rest of my life.


Bryson had his 2 week check up last Tuesday (I'm slacking on updating, I know) and it went really well! He's  a big, happy, healthy growing boy!
He weighed in at 8lbs 9oz and in the 50th percentile!! He has already gained an entire pound since birth! They say that they want to baby to be back up to their birth weight at 2 weeks and he is above and beyond that! :)
He is 22 inches long now and in the 90th percentile for length. Maybe that means he's going to be super tall like the men from my mom's side of the family :)
His head is also in the 50th percentile, I forgot the exact measurement, but Michael was excited he doesn't have a huge head. Ha!

He did so good at the doctor, he didn't cry at all. Well, not until the mean nurse pricked his foot to take an enormous amount of blood to finish the newborn screening. Then he screamed for quite a while, poor baby.
He looked SO cute that several of the nurses asked Michael to bring him back over so everyone could see him! He's a ladies man already :)
Thank you for his precious little outfit, Stephanie!

Michael had to work on Tuesday and couldn't take Bryson to the doctor with me (he met us up there for the appointment though) and I was not ready to take him somewhere by myself yet, so my mom was really wonderful and went with us. I was tying to time everything out perfectly, feeding him, changing him, and getting everything together before we left. The timing thing never work out right, by the way. But anyway, we had about 5 minutes before we had to leave and I had to run to the bathroom really quickly. My mom was holding Bryson before we put him in the carseat. As I was walking out of the bathroom, my mom started yelling for me to come out there and bring towels.
Greeeat.
He spit up.
Oh, uh oh.
He did NOT spit up.
He had an explosive poopie diaper all over Mimi!! NOO!!
My poor mom had Bryson poopie all over her pants right before we had to leave for the doctor. She washed it off with water real quick and was so calm about it. Once a mom, always a mom. For sure!!

As for Bryson, he's doing great! He is such a calm and happy baby! We loove just hanging out on the sofa watching Bryson's many faces and listening to his sweet  noises. He is still a pooping machine. My goodness, this kid poops. A LOT! I have an application on my iPhone called BabyStats that lets you record the number of dirty diapers and feedings. A couple days ago, it said that Bryson had 16 feedings and 22 dirty diapers in a 24hr period. Goodness!!
For the most part, he's sleeping about 2 hrs during the day and about 3 1/2 -4 hours at night.  It feels like only a few minutes pass between feedings at night time. I get up and think, "there is no possibe way you're hungry again." Then I realize it's been 4 hours. It's exhausting for sure, but I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world!! I really love the special time we have together when I'm feeding him. It's so wonderful!! :)
Bryson has also recently decided that baths aren't as terrible as he thought. He used to scream like it was the end of the world, but now, he's pretty calm and just lays there. We put a little space heater up on the counter to keep him really warm, cover him with a towel when we're not washing that area of his body and put him in a warm towel straight out of the dryer when bath time is over. Anything to keep him happy, right!?

3 weeks



We have loved every second with this sweet boy and can't wait to see what he has in store for us this week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment