Wednesday, July 29, 2009

We're Woodworking Elves

I've been in a huge decorationg phase lately and I have really wanted to make a little art table fo Bryson, but I didn't know how it was going to turn out since a) I don't have any tool/saws and b)I've only used a saw once in my life. But for some crazy reason, I have had huge desire to make it!!

So, Sunday night, we were sitting around after lunch and I asked my Dad if he would show me how to use his saw and he graciously offered to go to Home Depot with me and help me make the table!!

I had the table pictured in my head, but really hadn't thought of how I was going to make it. That's where my Dad came in!!!

We got all the supplies together (we used stair spindles for the legs and I love them!!)

Then my dad showed me how to use the saw


Once the table top was cut, we put the wooden supports on bottom part and then put on the legs

Then, 4 1/2 hours after our Home Depot run, the table was finished!!



These are the stools that I had already painted to go with the table.

--I still need to paint the table, but I'm waiting until it's not rainy outside. Also, I don't know if you can see it, but my Dad cut a small slit in the top so I can slip the roll of art paper through it so Bryson can color right on the table. Once it's finished, I'll post pictures!! :)

It was so much fun being able to do this with my Dad. Bryson is going to have a special table for years to come that his Mommy and Papaw made just for him with lots of love!! Thank you Dad!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment