Friday, January 14, 2011

Update on B

It feels like a lot has happened in the past 2 weeks or so...

Oddly enough, he's all of a sudden decided that he likes pacis. A LOT! A couple weeks ago I noticed he kept doing the sign for "drink" all day long. But when I gave him a bottle or sippy cup, he would walk around with it in his mouth like this:


So I decided to give him a paci and see what he did with it, and it's been glued in his mouth ever since. He's never given it the time of day and then he turns one and decides he likes it. haha! Fortunately, he doesn't sleep with it or cry for it if it's not in his mouth, but if he's grumpy and we give it to him, he'll keep in in for a while.

Also, After all of his ear infections, our pediatritian sugested we go to an ENT so he could keep tabs on Bryson and his ears. Well, we went to see the ENT and the Audiologist on Monday. B's hearing is on target developmentally (thank goodness!) but he has trouble hearing very quiet sounds, which is due to the constant fluid in his ears. Our ENT recommended tubes almost instantly after looking in his ears and hearing his history of 6 ear infections in the last 5 months. So, we scheduled an appointment for tubes next Monday. I figured 7 days was soon enough, and we could stave off any infection that might looming around his ears. WRONG. He developed another infection 2 days later. BLAH! Poor baby and his poor infected ears :(
I go back and forth on my emotions about Bryson getting tubes.
Half the time I'm extremely emotional about my baby "taking a long nap" and more or less having surgery. I'm so worried that something terrible is going to happen or it's just flat out not going to work. He's my baby and my heart aches that he has to go through this and that he's in so much pain.

The other half of the time I am so excited about the tubes and I can't wait until all of this is over and behind us. I can't wait until he's pain-free. He is such a strong boy. We can hear him moaning in his sleep almost every night and it breaks my heart. He'll wake up crying often and I just want to take him to the hospital right then and there and beg them to put in the tubes.

I've been talking to a few friends who have recently gone through the same thing with their kids and I know this is exactly what he needs and that everything is going to be so wonderful on the flip side :)

Come on, Monday morning! Make my baby feel better!!!

5 comments:

  1. It seems that he is "chewing" on the bottle and paci because he is in the teething stage. Poor guy but the tubes seem like they will be better for him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be saying a prayer for your sweet boy on Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We too will be saying a prayer for baby boy and I know it will be difficult on mommy and daddy... but know that this may be the answer to your prayers and he will be feeling so much better:) Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was the same way as a baby. I had 3 different sets of tubes in my ears (technology has gotten better though). So if you want to call my mom for any advice, I know she would happily offer it! If it makes you feel any better I don't remember any of it! None of the pain or the surgery, I think I turned out pretty ok :)

    We will be praying for you guys on Monday!

    ReplyDelete