Thursday, January 13, 2011

Snowy Day

We went to church Sunday morning and it was lightly raining. After ABF, we had Joyland duty with the 2 year olds and about halfway through we looked out the window and it was snowing! And it kept snowing. And snowing. And snowing!

I LOVE the snow and am pretty sure I was more excited about going outside to play more than any of the kids. And I couldn't wait to zoom home drive home at turtle speed to put on Bryson's boots and go build a snowman. Bryson is a creature of habit and thrives on his schedule, so I had to push playtime back a few hours so he could nap, but we were outside all bundled up playing in snow about 3 seconds after he woke up. :)

Surprisingly enough, he loved the snow! A boy after his mom's own heart!!



We ended up getting about 7 inches of snow on Sunday and we still have a good 2-3 inches covering our yard as I write this. (5 days later!!) I'm hoping for more snow soon...maybe even enough to get us a snow day at school!! :)

5 comments:

  1. I love that 3rd picture! So adorable! Your pictures are getting so good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm jealous you got so much snow! We maybe got an inch? I hope Bryon's procedure goes well Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy cow! That's insane!!!! Ava has seen a "light dusting" of snow, and even that was practically a record for Austin :)

    Love his jacket, BTW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pictures! And wow, what a lot of snow! It's been nice and chilly here but no snow. Can't say that I share your enjoyment and excitement about the white stuff! But so glad that you have enjoyed your week of cold and snow!
    Hope your weekend is full of rest and fun!
    ~a

    ReplyDelete
  5. love love love the sock-mittens! hahaha!

    ReplyDelete