Tuesday, February 23, 2010

2 Months

I have a 2 month old??
Tell me it's not true. Tell me he's still a baby and not growing up before my eyes. Oh my goodness!

These have been the best 2 months of my life. My heart is so full of love for him. God has made a perfect miracle in Bryson for us. We love him more than anything!!

These have also been a very busy 2 months. I can't imagine how busy we'll be when he starts crawling. Or walking. Or running all over the place. Phew, it's making me tired just thinking about it!

So, let's see what he's been up to....

He is changing everyday. He does something new/different/longer/better every day. It's so amazing to watch him grow.

He finds new facial expressions all the time. He smiles soo much and is kinda starting to giggle a little when he's super happy. Oh so wonderful!!

His favorite thing is for you to hold him so he can sit looking out at the world. He just takes in the world and scans the room and looks at everything.
He still loves to cuddle as well and still really likes to be held over your shoulder, especially when he needs comforting.

He's doing really good with his bottle. We've learned that he just needs it pretty warm. If it's lukewarm, forget it; he'd rather starve. We had to bring the bottle warmer to the mall over the weekend so he would take his bottle. Ha! We're also still working on a pacifier...
He has found his hand in the last couple weeks and loves lick and suck on his hand 
He still hasn't completely rolled over again during tummy time (and I have a good 2 hours of it on tape!) but he's rolling and rocking onto his side pretty often, so I feel a roll comming on soon... :)

His head control is really good and he can hold his head up on his own for quite a while. He also still loves tummy time! (This was taken with the video camera, so it's kind of fuzzy)

He's still eating about every 2- 2 1/2 hours during the day and 3-5 hours at night. I'm hoping he starts going longer between feedings soon...it's exhausting!

He started sleeping in his crib in his own room about a week ago. We didn't intend for him to transfer over so soon, but I was waiting to for him to wake up so I could feed him one last time for the night, and I got tired of waiting, so I put him in the crib and he stayed asleep for 3 more hours. And that was that. He's slept in his crib every night since. I'm not going to lie, it was really hard for me to know that he was in the other room, but I did better than I expected with it. I just sleep with the monitor about 3 inches from my ear :)

We went to the doctor yesterday for his 2 month check up and we have a healthy growing little boy. :) Well, he may not be little for much longer....

He weighs 12.9lbs (75th percentile)
He's 25 inches long (97th percentile)  <-wow!
and his head is in the 50th percentile (I forgot the exact number)
He's still wearing 0-3month clothes and we just started putting him in size 1-2 diapers. Such a big boy :)

He also got his shots yesterday...tear... It broke my heart to watch him screaming during them. He calmed down really quickly afterwards, which made me really glad. He has some pretty cool camo bandaids on his legs to prove how tough we was. (It's not going to be fun to get those off! Ouch!)


Michael and I love our sweet boy so much and can't wait to see what new things he's going to show us this month.

Happy 2 months sweet boy!!
(I couldn't resist. He's just so cute even when he's grumpy!!)


6 comments:

  1. He is SOOOO cute, Kristin. I LOVE his hair. He's getting so big already. It just goes by too fast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! He has gotten so big... but he's always been a cutie:) I can't wait to see him and love on him! And of course see our best buds:) We love and miss you guys! Happy 2 months baby b!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love his crazy hair!! He is such a doll. I'm glad you are enjoying every moment with him!! Can't wait to see him again. We should hang out soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love reading your posts! YOU look so good, have you already lost ALL your baby weight, I hope I can look as good as you after having a baby (some day)!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great post, Kristin! It is hard to believe he is two months already. I know you have enjoyed every minute of your time together.
    Great pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  6. PS: I love that you can see his cute little dimples!

    ReplyDelete