Sunday, August 30, 2009

Kids Say The Darndest Things

I love my 3rd graders!! At first, I thought I was going to be in for a huge adjustment from my 2nd graders last year (which I also love!), but i was surprised by how similar they are. I'm so fascinated with how creative and alert they are. My kids amazed me every single day last year and I can already see that it is going to happen again this year. I seriously just love all my kids!!!

It is really funny to see my kids react to my belly and me being pregnant. They say the funniest things about it. Every one of them(even in the other classes) is so excited and so curious about everything.

Some of the comments I've gotten so far:

* "Do you ever want to let your baby out of your tummy to breathe for a little bit?"

* How come you weren't pregnant yesterday? Where did you hide your baby?" -The first day of school we wore our school t-shirts and I don't look pregant at all in them. The 2nd day, I wore a fitted shirt and one of my boys noticed my belly.

* "I was addicted to your baby last night. I couldn't stop thinking about what he would look like and if he will smile all the time like you" -Precious!!

* One little boy touches my belly every time he sees me. He puts both hands up (as if cupping a little kids face) and says "oh sweet wittle baby. helwo baby waby. yes helwo baby!" It cracks me up!! --He has a brand new cousin at home that he does the same thing to :)

* "I think being pregnant is creepy. You have something moving around in your stomach. I had something in me once. I ate a bug. But I don't think it was moving by the time it got to my stomach." --I laughed out loud for a good 3 minutes at this!!

Did I mention that I love kids!?!? Well I do :) I'm sure there will be more precious comments as my belly grows!

No comments:

Post a Comment