Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Iced In

Well, I have "waited 'til tomorrow" and the entire North Texas area is completely iced over. We're going on our 3rd day of school cancellations and the wind chill got to -10 today. I went outside for about 30 seconds this morning to make sure our pipes were still wrapped and it was so cold, it hurt. I love the cold (read: snow) but this weather is just crazy...for Texas, anyway!

Sadly, Michael has still had to go to work these last 2 days. Apparently something about people still wanting their money from the bank and yaddie yadda...  :)  Thankfully, he works about 4 miles away from the house.
Meanwhile, B and I have had so so much fun playing all day long. I truly love spending every second of the day with him. He is SO much fun! 

B loves loves to be outside. We usually try to go to the park and play outside everyday, but the past few days have been waay too cold, and I think Bryson is having withdrawls. We tried to go outside yesterday for a few minutes, but Momma was slipping and sliding all over the place. Bryson, on the other hand, has these awesome Skidders shoes that grip the ground so well, he only fell once the entire time we were walking on the ice and it was because he ran down the hill. Haha!


It was way to cold to take B outside today. He kept banging on the back door yelling "duh" trying to tell me he wanted out. When he realized his point wasn't getting through, he found his winter coat and brought it to me, like, "Mom, I need this on NOW so I can go outside please!". I indulged him and he wore his coat on top of his jammies around the house for about an hour. :)




I have to charge the video camera tomorrow because the video on my phone is terrible and will probably give you a headache, but I have to share these. This kid is adorable!!

B has started trying to jump when he's holding a ball, as if he's about to make a jumpshot. He's got it completely down....except for the getting off the ground part. :)  I tried to get him to do it, but he obviously just wanted to play with the ball :)

He loves hide and seek and now turns his hand out when he doesn't know where something/someone is.

Can't wait for snowday #3 tomorow!! :)

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you need some Skidders too! Hope you are having a blast staying home with your little guy! I know I'm loving the extra time at home...even if I am working :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. He IS adorable! And in one of those pictures I can see you sweet smile!! It's so cute.
    Glad you have been able to stay home and enjoy your little man.
    blessings
    ~a

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for snow days! Austin is supposed to get 1-3" tonight, and I am insanely excited. Or I would be, if I didn't have to go to work tomorrow. I HATE dragging Ava out in this, but it's a small price to pay for our set up!

    Ava has been hanging out by the front and back door lately, too, like "Uh, mom? Being inside all day? BORING. Let's go!"

    ReplyDelete