Sunday, October 31, 2010

Walk for Honduras

My dad has been going on a medical mission trip to Honduras for several years now. My mom has gone with him a couple years and this past year Steph went, too. The team of doctors do so much for the sweet people in Catacamas. Some of the people literally walk for days to come to the free clinic. I love to hear the stories my dad comes back with, but it's heart breaking at the same time. Some of the treatment the people need costs so little (like $20) but they are so so poor that even if they saved for years, they would never be able to afford it.

To help raise money for the clinics, Prednisan, the company the doctors go with, had a "Walk for Honduras" fundraiser. The next trip is in February, so I'm excited to hear all the wonderful things that happened. :)













1 comment: