Monday, October 4, 2010

A Day With Big Tex

Bryson took his first trip to the State Fair of Texas on Sunday. Michael and I had actually gone with my sisters and Brandon on opening day for a few hourse, but this time we brought B along for the ride. We went with the Zellner's after church on Sunday and had a blast! We always have so much fun with them!!
We did a ton of walking, a TON of eating and a ton of chatting :)



Bryson was fantastic all day!! I was so excited. I think he had fun "people watching".
He got to see Big Tex,



a dog show, millions of people eating fried food and some ridiculously talented African Acrobats. Look at the guy doing the limbo. LOOK at him!! Is that even possible!!??

We also went to the petting zoo before one of the shows. We were SOO close to touching the giraffe (ah, I love giraffes!!) but he turned his head right as I was pulling Bryson's hand up. Darn. :)



The fair pooped him out and he had to take a quick nap to keep up his energy :)


We had so much fun and can't wait to go back next year. :)

2 comments:

  1. Love this post! Makes me feel like I actually went to the fair...we actually went with the girls many, many years ago!
    Have a great week.
    ~a

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am bummed I am missing the fair this year, but I cannot wait to take the fam next year! We have a "Rodeo" here in Austin in March but its just not the same.

    ReplyDelete