Friday, November 20, 2009

what a crazy CRAZY week!

I'm not really even sure where to begin. It was been an eventful week to say the least.
(P.S. This is going to be a long post... )

So, Monday, I had my Dr appointment that went great. Wonderful start to the week...

Tuesday morning, I was getting into my car to go to school and I got the most intense, horrible pain in my right side. It hurt SO badly. I suffered through them the whole way to school. It was 6:30 in the morning, so my Dr's office wasn't open yet, so I couldn't call to figure out what was going on yet. Well, I got into my classroom and the pain was just getting worse. I had the trash can next to me because I thought I was going to throw up at any second. It was not fun at all. Oddly enough, the pain totally and completely went away an hour later. I called my doctor and told her about everything. She said that it was most likely a strained ligament or muscle and to just be careful and not do anything too strenuous.
So that was crazy.

We went to our last childbirth class on Thursday- woohoo! I think we passed....we're ready to have a baby :)

I took the morning off of work on Friday so I could go to my sonogram appointment. I could NOT wait to see our baby boy again!! Michael met me there and we went in for the sonogram. Bryson looked perfect!! Based on his measurements, he's already 6 lbs2oz! She said that babies gain about 1/2 a pound a week from here on out, so he's going to be a good size baby for sure! Well anyway, towards the end of the sonogram I started feeling really hot and everything started to get dark. I propped myself up on the bed with my hands behind me, trying to make the feeling go away. But it didn't. And I fainted. Michael jumped up and caught me before I fell back on the bed. It only lasted a few seconds, but it was pretty scary. I had some water, a nurse came in with a wet wash cloth, I sat there for a few minutes and then felt much better. They said it most likely happened because I was lying on my back for a while and Bryson was on top of one of the main arteries in my stomach and cut off the blood supply.

I felt fine, so I went back to work. I was there for about 2 hours when my doctor called me and said she really wants me to go straight to the hospital to be monitored after what happened this morning and also because of the pain I was having on Tuesday. Hearing that scared me to death! I split my class between 2 of the awesome girls I work with and went to the hospital. Michael met me there and I got hooked up to the monitors. Bryson's heart rate and movements were perfect, but it was picking up lots of contractions that I had no idea I was having (more than normal at this point). After about 20 minutes, the nurse had me lay on my side and the contractions became less frquent and less intense-which is normal for this stage of pregnancy.

Yes, I was stressed out and forcing a smile. Yes, it is totally noticable. :)

So after about an hour, we got to go home!! Michael was so wonderful. While I was obviously scared to death and freaking out at every beep the monitors made, he was completely calm and so sweet about trying to calm me down and distract me from what was going on. I sure do love him like crazy!!

The one thing that was nice was that the nurse said I haven't swollen up at all and if it was going to happen, it most likely would have happened by now. So that's a plus :)

But all in all...a VERY crazy week!! I'm praying that is the extent of drama for the rest of my pregnancy.


  1. so glad you are okay. hang in there! :)

  2. Wow, how brave you are! I am so glad that everything has worked out and that you can blog about your experiences today.
    I pray that you and your sweet boy will continue to do fine.