Monday, March 16, 2009

An Eventful Weekend

Saturday

We Dashed Down Greenville in the St. Patty's Day 5K fun run. I have never seen so much green in one place!


It was tons of fun, but very crazy and hectic at the same time. Most of the 4,000 people were just there for the parade and fun of the St. Pattrick's Day parade, but some meant business. One guy was pushing a stroller and was obviously trying to set a personal record beause he felt it necessary to run over ankles and small children with his stroller. On the other hand, he might have just been in a hurry to get to the aid stations. It was the only race I've been to that served beer at the aid stations instead of water or gatorade. :)


Third Monday

Since we moved to McKinney, I have heard people talking about Third Monday Trade Days, which is just like Canton, just much closer and a little smaller. I have wanted to go for the past few months, but we have always had plans. Not this month! I finally got to go and it was a lot of fun! Most of the booths had home decor that you would find at Hobby Lobby or Kirklands for much less. Like I mentioned a while ago, I am in love with the shops in Downton McKinney. They're just a little too expensive to furnish our house with. Well, there were very similar things there this weekend and I definitely took advantage of the prices. I got some huge (3 feet tall) candle sticks, lots of little crosses to put on candles, and a big outdoor cross to put in our backyard. I love knowing that I'm saving money. I am excited about going again to find more great bargains! You know you want to go, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment