Friday, March 20, 2009

Sunday

Michael ran a 1/2 marathon Sunday morning. It was the 1st ever Rock to Victory Race and he was a part of it. So cool! He ran it with a friend from work who is also an avid runner. He is actually the one who has put the triathalon idea into Michael's head. Thanks Jonathan :)

Michael set a new personal record with a time of 1:57:54!!!! I was so so excited for him! Way to go Hubby!!!

Thank you Ray and Alicia for coming to support Michael! And for the amazing sign! I wouldn't be surprised if he wants to frame it. :)


We went to eat with Jonathan and his wife and Ray and Alicia after the race. I lost my appetite very quickly when Jonathan and Gretchen started talking about how terribly hard the Bearathon course is. I wanted the cry after hearing how hard the run is. They have run marathons and they think the course is hard, mind you. I might die next weekend in Waco :( My sister and I are braving the 13.1 miles of hills and torture in exchange for a finisher t-shirt and medal. Is it really even worth it?? I'm beginning to have doubts.

No comments:

Post a Comment