Friday, February 20, 2009

Chi Alpha

Michael and I were a host home for Chi Alpha (much like Disciple Now) this weekend. When I found out that we had 11th grade guys, I quickly bought out the grocery store. I figured 9 guys would eat quite a bit of food, so I made a lot of cookies and brownies, hot sauce, and some other stuff. Little did I know just how much "a lot" of food really was! In the 1 1/2 days the guys were at our house, they went though: 4 dozen cookies, 2 batches of brownies, 2 dozen eggs, 4 lbs of spaghetti and countless bags of chips. That's a lot of food! But I LIVE for things like this. My top 2 spiritual gifts are service and hospitality and I was definitely meant to be a part of this weekend. It absolutely thrills my heart to be able to use them for such a fun and meaningful purpose.

Beyond being able to open up our home and fill their tummies with lots of junk food, the weekend was fantastic! Saturday was a jam packed day! The main event of the day was a "Where's Waldo Video Scavenger Hunt". Every group received a Waldo head and they could dress it up however they pleased. Our guys decided to make a gangsta waldo:



So we had 4 hours and 30 tasks that we had to complete. We went around town taping all the tasks. Waldo had to be taken everywhere. Some of the ones I can remember off the top of my head are: Waldo doing a conga line in a grocery store, Waldo on the Sachse train with a stranger yelling Waldo is "dead sachse", Waldo at the dog park, Waldo dancing with a stranger, Waldo waiting at a DART station, Waldo in a firetruck



and Waldo taking an order at a fast food restaurant.




We didn't quite win, but it was lots of fun! I heard a rumor that the Waldo videos were going to be put on youtube, so if it's true, that will have to be posted on here as well:) All in all, it was a great weekend! I think I am going to have to sleep for 3 straight days to make up for the sleep I missed, but it was worth it. :-)

1 comment:

  1. i love your blog! :) so cute! and the waldo thing is quite hilarious! i can't believe they ate so much food!!!

    ReplyDelete