Friday, March 16, 2012

Spring Break

I Love Spring Break! Before I was married, it was a week that our family always spent in Breckenridge, Colorado skiing down the slopes, and now, it's a week filled with fun dates with Bryson.

Sadly, Michael was out of town most of the week for work, so it was Bryson and I all week long! We have had so so much fun together. I wanted to make the most of our week together, so we have been busy little bees :)

Monday
We went out to breakfast together, stayed outside at the park all morning, had a picnic outside

He definitely knew we were on Spring Break (plus still transitioning from DayLight Savings, I guess) but he was up at 10:00 wide-eyed ad bussy tailed. He was running around sliding on the tile and then put on his helmet, yelling" watch out. Byson coming to get you!" He is such a hoot and FULL of energy all the time!

Tuesday
My mom met B and I at the Indoor Safari Park for the morning. He ran around and played so hard. He loved the train and the robotic zebra ride. He's such a big boy :)


After his nap, we had an afternoon/evening of repair men coming to the house. I decided to knock everything out at once, so we had the plumber, exterminator and sprinkler repair man out. Bryson LOVED watching all of them do their jobs. He watched over their shoulders and narrated everything they were doing to me. He decided they needed "drum music" so he played a few songs for them while he sang ABC's ;)

Wednesday
I took B to the Sea Life Aquariumin Grapevine. It was a cute little aquarium and was SO kid friendly. B loved all the big fish. We happened to go through the tunnel right at feeding time, so he got to watch the turtles and sharks eat a snack. He kept asking to swim in the water :)He also got to hold a starfish!






Wednesday night, Jen and Steph came over to watch the final episode of The Bachelor. We try to get together every week to "watch" it (really just an excuse to hangout with a glass of wine). Bryson found every excuse to HAM IT UP for them. B LOVES his aunts so so much and often asks to go see them.
He was so wound up and was hilarious! He is so into showing off right now and was throwing himself all over the place while making silly faces and playing his little flute. We were crying we were laughing so hard :)


Thursday
I dopped B off at school for the morning and had a little relaxation day for momma! Michael had given me a gift certificate for a mani/pedi for Valentine's Day, so I cashed that in, then had an hour massage, went to the gym and did a load of laundry before picking up B after his nap. It was such a relaxing morning! :)

Michael got home Thursday night and Bryson was SO happy to have him home. Every time I went to get B out of bed in the morning or after his nap he would say, "Daddy still at work on airplane? Daddy come home?"

Friday
B and I went to Celebration Park for the morning. He was in fast forward mode, running around nonstop. (I feel like I've written that about 8 times already. He has SO much energy!)




He would run and jump on the horse and try to "yasso the duckie" (lasso the duck right in front of him. Hilarious!)


He spent about 5 minutes climbing up this little retaining wall and then juming off. Then, he recruited a litle buddy to jump with him. Adorable :)

We're probably staying in and hanging out at the house playing tools or puzzles for the rest of the afternoon because it looks like it is going to start raining any minute.

I sure wish we could have Spring Break every week. Maybe one day... :) But for now, I definitely cherish these days and weeks with Bryson. I love that sweet boy. :)

2 comments:

  1. HAPPY SPRING BREAK!!!! Wow! It looks like ya'll have had an absolute BLAST! Bryson is such a ham... plus I love the cute haircut:)

    ReplyDelete