Monday, January 9, 2012

Next Step Toward Goals:

In our ABF on Sunday morning, we talked about resolutions and goals. One of the verses we read made me want to bee line it back to the house.

Habakkuk 2:2
Then the Lord replied: "write down the revelation and make it plain on tablets so that a herald may run with it."

Writing down goals and resolutions is a big deal. It's much more set it stone, it's out there for others to see and keep you accountable, and it is visable for you to see it often and remember. Michael and I kind of added to each of our lists and put them in 4 categories: Faith, Family, Finances, Fitness (we must have a little "f" theme going...)

Anyway, I couldn't wait to get home to type them up really pretty and post them somewhere in our home that we'll be able to see on a daily basis.

I haven't quite finished typing them, because, well, like I said, I want them to be pretty if they're going to be posted in our home. :) But, I have made a few "first steps" in a couple of my original goals.

I bought a pair of some of the best running shoes I've ever owned!
I joined a gym


I sent out my first Birthday card!!


YAY!! I feel like this is going to be a good year!!!


2 comments:

  1. I have to agree with you...when you write things down the chances are greater that you will follow through with your commitment.
    It looks like you are on the right track for a great year.
    blessings
    ~a

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post reminded me that I need to write down my goals for this year. I like to also keep a copy in the post its on my MacBook, too, since I'm definitely going to see them there everyday!

    ReplyDelete