Monday, August 8, 2011


A while back, Michael and I decided we wanted to take Bryson to the beach for the first time. Michael was busy at work, so Bryson and I traveled to Houston a few days early to spend time with my Grandma, Aunt and Uncle. It was so wonderful!

I was a little nervous about driving the whole way to Houston with Bryson because, recently, he gets super antsy in his carseat. So, I had my "busy bag" packed and ready for him

To break up the drive a little, we spent the night at the lake house Wednesday night at Richland Chambers.

It was a nice break, but we had the most sleepless, restless night. Bryson slept in the bed with me for the first time...and last time. It was awful. I woke up every 15 minutes worried that be was going to roll off the bed, even with pillows on the edge. And, I had a right to be worried, because he did fall off!! Thankfully, I put tons of huge pillows on the ground. {Just wait; this is nothing compared to the rest of our first family vacation...} 

This is what kept me awake the next morning on the rest of the drive to Houston!!

This is what kept Bryson SOO entertained!! (toy computer and DVD player)

He played with the tape for about an hour!!

He also took apart and put the bottle back together for about 45 minutes. He loves taking things apart and putting them back together!!

We finally made it and had the BEST time!! Bryson loved seing everyone and was spoiled to pieces by them.

If I told you he was being a ham for them, it would be the understatement of the week!! He did anything and everything to impress them. Including about 30 front rolls :)  He would always look around to make sure everyone was clapping for him. Especialy my Grandma (GiGi) he really wanted her to watch and clap for him, it was so cute!!

My Granddad caught a sailfish quite a while back and it's hanging in their dining room. Bryson loved going in to look at the fish. He tried to run in there often to look at it :)

My Grandma, Aunt and Uncle played with Bryson all day long, and he ate up all the attention!!

On Friday, we all went to the Houston Aquarium. It  was soo much fun!! My grandma wasn't able to make it, and she was missed for sure. It was fun to go home and tell her all about it :)
It was a really neat place. Not only is it an amazing aquarium (with tigers!), but also has a restaurant, had a mini carnival outside and a train ride through a fun shark tunnel.

This tiger paced the window and wanted to eat.Bryson.for.lunch. ;)

B went on his first ferris wheel ride!

The Shark tunnel was great!!

It was such a fun 2 days with our family!! We already can't wait to see them again!!
Michael drove down Friday night after work and we were very ready for our first family vacation the next morning!!!

{Little did we know what the weekend had in store for us....}


  1. It looks like y'all had a blast!!! Bryson and Presley are soooo much alike. I drive to Houston with P all the time and it's always a beating. I can't wait to try tape! Genius!! Were you at the Kema aquarium or the one in Houston?

  2. Tape is such a great idea! We'll definitely be trying that on our next trip.

    Oh, and the photo of B with the tiger really made my heart pound. Holy cow - it TOTALLY wants to taste him - yikes!

    Looks like such a fun trip!!

  3. The tape is a great idea! Might have to try that on the nephew. You post is keeping me in suspense! What happened next?