Sunday, November 14, 2010

Change Of Plans

If there's one thing we've learned by now with having a baby, is that no matter how hard you try to plan for something...your plans will ALWAYS change!

I got a call from Bryson's daycare saying that he was running a little temp, but no big deal, just letting us know. I left work early and tried to get in to see his doctor, but no luck, so we went home and played and he seemed perfectly fine. I (again) just chalked it up to teething.

I had been dying to take Bryson to Stonebriar Mall on Saturday because they were having a big show for the kids and then Santa was going to arrive at the end of a parade on a vintage firetruck. Since Bryson was feeling alright, Michael and I decided to go. I LOVE Christmas and I pretty much turn into a 5 year old little girl around this time of year. Today was no different. I was so giddy and excited that Bryson was going to get to see Santa for the first time!!! We sat around for a while watching "David Chicken" sing some kid songs and play games. Bryson LOVED seeing the big stuffed animal mascots. He kept pointing and smiling.

We were waiting patiently for Santa and about 5 minutes before he came, I looked down and Bryson had thrown up all over himself. Our plans immediately changed---no Santa for us. We rushed to the bathroom and stripped him down and for some reason, I had no spare clothes for him and the stores weren't open yet since it was so early. I couldn't put his clothes back on him because they were soaked, so I desperately tried to make a burp cloth fit around his cold naked little body. I'm sure I looked like the worst mother in the world as walked out of the mall to the parking lot in the 40 degree weather. :(

We finally got an appointment that afternoon and found out he had yet another ear infection and thrush. In case you're keeping track, this is his fourth ear infection. Since he's been on antibiotics pretty much non stop, he got thrush (an infection in his mouth). He apparently has a really high pain tolerance because we never catch his ear infections until they are full blown and he's throwing up and sick as a dog. They gave him a shot of antibiotics which knocked him out for a while, thank goodness. He had a really hard night and hadn't slept at all. Michael and I both had to hold back tears on this trip to the doctor. It was so hard to see him laying there completely miserable. This was definitely the saddest and sickest we have ever seen him. Poor baby just layed on my chest all afternoon.

Thankfully, it didn't last too long. He started "acting like Bryson" again later that night.

Don't worry, we'll eventually get back to the mall to see Santa! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment